Challenge Cup to Take Place this October in Goshen
LOUISVILLE, KY (September 8, 2021) - The Challenge Cup, an annual Golf House Kentucky tournament modeled after the Ryder Cup, will be returning this fall at Big Spring Country Club - Harmony Landing Course on Thursday, October 21.
Team KGA (composed of top amateurs throughout the state) will face off against Team KPGA (composed of top professionals throughout the state) in this friendly competition. Team KGA seeks to continue a strong run of play in this event, having won it outright each of the last two years. Their team will be filled based off the following criteria:
- Highest-ranked players from the 2021 John Owens Player of the Year point standings
- The 2020 Tom Musselman Senior Player of the Year
Team KPGA will feature these players:
- Top six players from the 2020 ROLEX Larry Gilbert Player of the Year standings
- The 2020 ROLEX Assistant and Senior Players of the Year
- The top two players not already qualified above from the 2021 ROLEX Larry Gilbert Player of the Year standings
- Two captain’s picks
Craig Heibert, PGA President of the Kentucky Section will make those two captain’s picks and serve as the professionals’ captain for the second straight year. Jim Thompson, President of the Kentucky Golf Association, will lead Team KGA for the first time in his tenure as President.
Players eligible to compete will receive invitations in the near future with final rosters confirmed this fall prior to the event. The event itself will be composed of 9-hole foursome and four-ball matches plus 9-hole singles matches.