Join the KGA through a member club or through our online eClub and enjoy the benefits of a World Handicap System Index™. In addition to your World Handicap System Index™, you will receive the KGA eRevision Newsletter twice per month with your latest Handicap Index, recent scores, news related to Kentucky golf, and special offers for KGA members.
The KGA is the only authorized golf association licensed by the USGA® to utilize the World Handicap System™ through their member clubs in Kentucky. The KGA uses WHS as its handicap computation service which is the most widely accepted in the world and is offered to clubs and golfers exclusively through State or Regional Golf Associations. Your WHS handicap gives you the ability to post scores, view your handicap index and score histories, as well as track statistics related to your game. Download the popular GHIN Mobile App to post scores through your smartphone, use the interactive course handicap calculator, perform a Handicap index lookup, view your most recent scores or enter tournaments.
WHAT COMES WITH MEMBERSHIP IN THE KGA
- Members obtain a USGA Handicap Index through the KGA allowing them to compete and play on an equitable basis.
- Members have access to the GHIN Mobile app to post scores, calculate course handicaps, review course maps and GPS.
- Members receive the KGA Newsletter and an updated handicap bi-monthly. The newsletter will keep members up to date on the latest news and information, event results, upcoming deadlines and more.
- Members can take advantage of special member deals and offers made exclusively to KGA members that are available both locally and nationwide. Click here to view KGA Deals.
- The Kentucky Golf office hosts educational seminars on Handicapping and the Rules of Golf which are open to all club staff and handicap holders.
- Members stay informed on social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Clubs may submit your Hole in One info to receive personalized certificates for your members.
Eligibility for KGA tournaments and championships is limited to bona fide members of KGA member clubs or members of the KGA online handicap system who are residents of Kentucky.