Join the KGA through a member club or through our online eClub and enjoy the benefits of a World Handicap System Index™. In addition to your World Handicap System Index™, you will receive the KGA eRevision Newsletter twice per month with your latest Handicap Index, recent scores, news related to Kentucky golf, and special offers for KGA members.
The KGA is the only authorized golf association licensed by the USGA® to utilize the World Handicap System™ through their member clubs in Kentucky. The KGA uses WHS as its handicap computation service which is the most widely accepted in the world and is offered to clubs and golfers exclusively through State or Regional Golf Associations. Your WHS handicap gives you the ability to post scores, view your handicap index and score histories, as well as track statistics related to your game. Download the popular WHS Mobile App to post scores through your smartphone, use the interactive course handicap calculator, perform a Handicap index lookup, view your most recent scores or enter tournaments.
Your membership in the KGA includes the following:
- Personalized Handicap Index e-Revision and Member Newsletters sent on the 1st and 15th of each month
- Support of developmental programs and other “good of the game” initiatives in the region
- Access to educational seminars on the Rules of Golf, Handicapping, and more
- An extensive and comprehensive amateur tournament schedule which provides tournaments for golfers of all ages and abilities
- Eligibility to play in State Championships
- Ability to compete in One-Day Tournament Series (competitive events for every golfer)
- Participation in Player Points Programs
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Resource line to Kentucky Golf Association staff for information on rules, handicapping and other information related to golf in Kentucky
- Free two-year subscription to Golfweek
*Eligibility for KGA tournaments and championships is limited to bona fide members of KGA member clubs or members of the KGA online handicap system who are residents of Kentucky. Out of state residents must be a member of a Type 1, green grass golf club to be eligible.