Kentucky Golf Association
Brumfield/Marshall Run Away with Kentucky Team Championship
Mike Brumfield and Marshall Butler were on top of their games on Tuesday, May 7 at Big Spring Country Club Inc. – Harmony Landing Campus. The duo captured the Kentucky Team Championship with a five-shot margin of victory in a four-ball format thanks to a 36-hole score of 127 (-15).
Brumfield and Butler got off to a hot start in the morning round with a round of 62 (-9). The tone was set early on they were the team to beat, and an afternoon round of 65 (-6) assured them of victory. Rounds of 62 and 65 were each the two lowest scores of the day, the 65 being matched by the runner-up team of Andy Roberts and Kevin Waldie.
Multiple divisions were contested during the day’s play with the winners of each being as follows:
- Brumfield/Butler – Open, Gross – 127 (-15)
- Jonathon Gandia/Austin Meyer – Open, Net – 131 (-11)
- Kevin Auton/Greg Haney – Senior, Gross – 70 (-1)
- Greg Engle/David Rudder – Senior, Net – 69 (-2)
- Gary Backlund/Tom Scheuerman – Masters, Gross – 65 (-6)
- Jerry Garris/Wes Martin – Masters, Net – 69 (-2)
- Eddie Venters/Bruce Walters – Legends, Gross – 67 (-4)
- Jerry Edwards/James Stricker – Legends, Net – 65 (-6)
For complete results of the Kentucky Team Championship, click here.
Golf House Kentucky congratulates each winning team on their title and expresses its appreciation towards everyone who played in the event along with Will Schneider, Mike Thomas and the entire Big Spring Country Club Inc. – Harmony Landing Campus staff for hosting the competition